The Smart Text Output field can be used to display the information entered in your other fields live, as soon as the user moves to another field. The most basic use of the Smart Text Output field would be to create a preview section for users to see their entered data before making a submission.
You can set the following attributes for this field:
- Field id: the id of the element. This is mainly used for internal purposes.
- Field name: the name of the field. This is needed for creating the placeholders that will help display the submitted data in the Thank you message and in the body of the form notification emails.
Important! If you set the Result Output option to Div, the field placeholder will only return an blank value, if you want to include this in the thank you message and emails please use either input or textarea.
- Field caption/label: the caption of the field. This is usually displayed next to the input element to let users know what information is expected in the field.
- Field description: you can use this to provide additional instructions regarding the field.
- Content: this will help you control the layout in which the information from your other fields is displayed. You can also use HTML code in this field.
- Result Output: you can choose the type of the output field – input, textarea or div.
- Copy to clipboard button: if enabled this will add a Copy button in the front-end so that you can copy the entire field value directly with a simple click.