If you want to allow users to enter their phone number in your forms, you can achieve this with two simple steps. First add the Phone field to your form, then save your configuration, it’s that simple. Aside from the regular field data you can also choose a predefined format for the entered values.
- Field name: the name of the Phone field. This is needed for creating the placeholders that will help display the submitted data in the Thank you message and in the body of the form notification emails.
- Field caption/label: the caption of the field. This is usually displayed next to the input element to let users know what information is expected in the field.
- Field description: you can use this to provide additional instructions for filling in the field.
- Field placeholder: if the field is empty, this is the value that will be displayed when the form is loaded.
- Required: choose if the field is mandatory for the submission to be made.
- Field id: the id of the Phone element. This is mainly used for internal purposes.
- Default value: when the form is initially loaded, this is the value that will be displayed in the input field.
- Format: choose the format of the phone number. You can choose between: No format, United States format, United States format with country code, Internation format.
- Readonly: with this option enabled users will not be able to change the value of the field.